Le Friday 21 February 2003 18:09, Quel Qun a écrit :
> Packaging exists to allow modularity. There is no modularity whatsoever
> with current Mandrake's packaging of KDE.

> It is no news, kdelibs requiring galaxy-kde

What is the problem ?
Galaxy-kde works with kdelibs.
You can try without, perhaps you will success, so you are the best, and you
will be very happy, I am sure.

> or the mutual requirement
> between kdelibs and kdelibs-common were already against common sense.

For you perhaps, no for me.
I split it for ia64 build.
And kdelibs requires  kdelibs-common because there is all necessary binary.

> As of
> today, kdelibs requires kdebase (kdelibs requires galaxy-kde, which in turn
> requires kwin.so, part of kdebase). Of course, kdebase requires 6 other rpm
> to be installed, and I don't know how deep this goes.

And what is the problem ?
krootwarning is use under kde, mdkkdm, use under kde.
So for you it's a problem ?

Not for me.

Now you can continu to speak on this problem if you want.
But for me no problem.
So good WE.
Regards.