On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 13:26, Buchan Milne wrote:
> How about just jackstart in contrib, requiring jackit and (assuming we
> can get the multimedia kernel in) kernel-multimedia?

It's a logical idea, but it wouldn't work, as jackd itself requires
compile-time configuration to know jackstart suid root exists.

But capabilities jack in contribs is an option.

> If you (or other Mandrake/cooker users) are willing to stick on
> whichever list is applicable and field Mandrake questions, the ardour
> author should be pleased to have more people using his software, as he
> should get a wider audience for patches, and not have to pay for it by
> answering questions from users using Mandrake packages. It would be a
> win/win situation instead of an "everyone loses" situation IMHO.

I'm already on linux audio users list.  I answer a lot of Mandrake help
questions.  Was arguing all morning with a guy who says he can't build
anything with Mandrake 8.2.

Ardour-devel and ardour-users are not too busy, so I guess I can watch
them.

Austin
--
                        Austin Acton Hon.B.Sc.
             Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant