On Sat, 2003-03-01 at 16:30, Quel Qun wrote:
> I am having a bit of troubles getting all this multimedia software
> working together and I don't really have much time to spend on it.
> Is there any existing documentation? Could anyone who got everything
> working spend some time to write a quick dirty step by step mini how-to?
> That would be nice,

I think what people are missing, is that we will be the ONLY distro
where you can set up a professional audio workstation with only FOUR
commands, out of the box.

# urpmi kernel-multimedia jackd-realtime ardour
# reboot
(choose multimedia kernel at boot time, or set as default)
$ jackstart -d alsa -d hw:0 &
$ ardour

Not even debian can say that.

Austin
P.S. This assumes we get the damn kernel into contribs.  jackd-realtime
is ready to upload as soon as the kernel is committed.

--
                        Austin Acton Hon.B.Sc.
             Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant