Chris Picton wrote:
On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 10:34, Götz Waschk wrote:

I knew this. But does the kde panel resize when you use this to change
the resolution? My gnome panel doesn't so this is not usable at the moment.

Gnome panel does resize, so does metacity.  Some nautilus icons go off
the side of the screen when decreasing screen size.

At least, this avoids gathering all your icons in an upper-left corner stamp-sized screen area when switching from 1600x1200 to 640x480...

Also Waimea window manager seems to know RandR.

Gnome panel applets, however do not always keep their places.