On 03 Mar 2003 17:31:26 +0000
Adam Williamson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Are we going to get a new kernel before final? The current one seems
> > > to have serious problems with ALSA, as I mentioned (and others
> > > confirmed) in a previous thread. Someone said they fixed it by
> > > updating to the latest RC7 release of ALSA. Someone please confirm
> > > this will be fixed.

What exactly is broken about it?
Sorry if I'm uninformd, I still run 0.9 mdk. My alsa driver didn't load
automatically, but running modprobe on the right module worked ok. If it is
just an initscript issue, then there's no reason to upgrade the drivers. Also
in 0.9mdk the make munuconfig for alsa is broken.
Is 0.11 broken in more ways then this, or are certain drivers/hardware broken?

--
Marcel Pol