CivWorld is the saved game/scenario editor for FreeCiv. It should be part of
the standard FreeCiv distribution by now, but the maintainers are... a little
conservative, so it's still only distributed as a patch against the main
source tarball.

My first attempt at uploading this package failed because of a problem with my
ISP, so use freeciv-civworld-1.14.0-2mdk.src.rpm.1 instead.

The package freeciv-civworld-1.14.0-2mdk.src.rpm includes both the FreeCiv
source (the same tarball that's in the FreeCiv RPM) and the CivWorld patch,
and most of FreeCiv has to be compiled all over again to build CivWorld, but
there's no easy way around that waste of time.

CivWorld is based on the Gtk+1.2 client, not the Gtk+2.0 client, so you'll
need both versions of Gtk+ if you want both FreeCiv and CivWorld.

The icons that are installed for CivWorld are the same as those for the
FreeCiv client.

This SRPM builds for me on a mostly-clean 9.0 and a heavily-upgraded 9.1rc1,
both x86. The binaries built on one box run on the other.

This specfile is loosely based on the Mandrake freeciv specfile by Guillaume
Cottenceau.

By the way, I wanted to package up the alternate rulesets and tilesets for
FreeCiv as well as some other data-only additions, but I ran into a problem:
Franz Mach's code to generalize the city styles is in 14.0, but the nation
data files (in /usr/share/games/freeciv/nation) only specify the original 2.
So, to use his ft tileset (or to use the hires tileset to full effect), you
need to update these files. Should I mark them as config files, so it'll do
the .rpmorig thing? Write a script that replaces the files?

I'd also be happy to put together a freeciv-unstable or something like that
that includes a number of source patches that are actually completely stable
and have been in consideration for inclusion for a long time but still aren't
in the main tree (the code to generalize buildings, calendars,
veteranization, etc.), if anyone is interested.