GGZ (GGZ Gaming Zone) is sort of like the MSN Gaming Zone, but open source and
decentralized. See http://ggz.sourceforge.net for details. Packages are
provided for playing games over GGZ, and for running servers, metaservers,
and chatbots. In fact, there are 11 packages involved in GGZ, which build to
a total of 19 binary packages.

I hate having to download and install 19 packages, but the original code comes
in 11 source tarballs--and most people aren't going to want all 19 packages
anyway--so I left the original organization pretty much alone (other than
splitting off lib and devel for the binaries).

libggz-0.0.6-2mdk.src.rpm: common libraries for clients and server
  libggz1-0.0.6-2mdk.i586.rpm
  libggz1-devel-0.0.6-2mdk.i586.rpm

ggz-client-libs-0.0.6-2mdk.src.rpm: common libraries for clients only
  libggz-client2-0.0.6-2mdk.i586.rpm
  libggz-client2-devel-0.0.6-2mdk.i586.rpm

ggz-txt-client-0.0.6-2mdk.src.rpm: text-mode client
  ggz-txt-client-0.0.6-2mdk.i586.rpm

ggz-kde-client-0.0.6-2mdk.src.rpm: KDE/Qt client
  ggz-kde-client-0.0.6-2mdk.i586.rpm
  libggz-kde2-0.0.6-2mdk.i586.rpm
  libggz-kde2-devel-0.0.6-2mdk.i586.rpm

ggz-kde-games-0.0.6-2mdk.src.rpm: GGZ-enabled KDE games
  ggz-kde-games-0.0.6-2mdk.i586.rpm
  libggz-kde-games1-0.0.6-2mdk.i586.rpm
  libggz-kde-games1-devel-0.0.6-2mdk.i586.rpm

ggz-gtk-client-0.0.6-2mdk.src.rpm: Gtk+ client
  ggz-gtk-client-0.0.6-2mdk.i586.rpm

ggz-gtk-games-0.0.6-2mdk.src.rpm: GGZ-enabled Gtk+/GNOME games
  ggz-gtk-games-0.0.6-2mdk.i586.rpm
  libggz-kde-games1-0.0.6-2mdk.i586.rpm
  libggz-kde-games1-devel-0.0.6-2mdk.i586.rpm

ggz-grubby-0.0.6-2mdk.src.rpm: grubby chatbot
  ggz-grubby-0.0.6-2mdk.i586.rpm
  ggz-grubby-devel-0.0.6-2mdk.i586.rpm

ggz-server-0.0.6-2mdk.src.rpm: server
  ggz-server-0.0.6-2mdk.i586.rpm
  libggz-server1-0.0.6-2mdk.i586.rpm
  libggz-server1-devel-0.0.6-2mdk.i586.rpm

ggz-utils-0.0.6-2mdk.src.rpm: server utilities
  ggz-utils-0.0.6-2mdk.i586.rpm

ggz-docs-0.0.6-2mdk.src.rpm: documentation
  ggz-docs-0.0.6-2mdk.noarch.rpm

To play games on GGZ, you will need the common and client-libs packages and
one of the client packages. You probably also want the games packages (unless
you have other GGZ-enabled games you want to play).

To run a Grubby chatbot, you need the common, client-libs, and grubby
packages.

To run a GGZ server, you need the common and server packages, and the utils
package is helpful.

To run a GGZ metaserver, you need the common and utils packages, and I believe
that utils requires client-libs.

Of course you only need the -devel packages to compile stuff.

This is all categorized into Games/Other, because I didn't know where else to
put it. And there are no menu entries, as I have no idea what most people
would want.

I think the internal BuildRequires and Requires settings are all correct; at
any rate, if you go through in the order listed above, and build then install
each one before going on to the next, everything works fine. And for
installing binaries, just install them all at once.... I've tried a wide
variety of stupid combinations, and they all seem to work or give the
appropriate requirement errors, but I haven't tried everything.

For external requirements, ggz-server requires that you have the db2-devel,
db3-devel, or db4-devel, and I don't know how to check for this. And of
course the binary will require db2, db3, or db4 (depending on which devel
package was available where it was built).

The SRPMs build for me on a mostly-clean 9.0 and a heavily-upgraded 9.1rc1,
both x86. The binaries built on one box run on the other.

The specfiles are loosely based on the 0.0.5 RedHat-ish specfile by Rich Gade
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.