Oden Eriksson wrote:
> måndagen den 3 mars 2003 19.47 skrev Warly:
>
>>Oden Eriksson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>>>Does this consern contribs too?
>>
>>No, see with lenny for contribs
>

> Ahh, ok, thanks.
>
> BTW. I have just packed "kavclient" which seems pretty cool, but it
should
> require Kaspersky AV. But since that's on the commercial CD's and from
the
> club downloads only (?) how should I do?
>
> Upload it into contribs and put no requirements, or insert it into
club only
> downloads and maybe you can put it on the commercial CD's?
>
> "kavclient" itself is GPL, but of course it requires Kaspersky AV...

And I assume buildrequires kaspersky libs? Or does it build against a
freely-licensed header?

In samba I have this ...
#These can be enabled here by default
# (kaspersky requires their library present)
%define build_fprot     1Hmmm, I think that actually also applies to
Sophos, but all my build machines ha
%define build_mks       1
%define build_openantivirus    1
%define build_sophos    1
%define build_trend     1

For Sophos, samba-vscan gets around requiring the Sophos library by
using sophie ...

http://www.deserve-it.com/Cooker/RPMS/libkavclient0-devel-0.2-1mdk.i586.rpm

http://www.deserve-it.com/Cooker/RPMS/libkavclient0-static-devel-0.2-1mdk.i586.rpm

> KAVClient home page:
> http://kavclient.sourceforge.net/

BTW, similar things apply to samba-vscan packages .Unfortunately there
is not one for clamav yet, so none of them can be enabled by default.

Of course, you *will* find them on the samba ftp mirrors and
http://ranger.dnsalias.com/mandrake/samba

I also have a sophie package (required by samba-vscan-sophos), but it
buildrequires Sophos and Requires Sophos ...

Integrating proprietary AV software is still a problem, but it would be
nice to get some of these on the commercial CDs.

BTW, I use AutoReq: 0 on the vscan subpackages to since in some cases
they require something, and no package provides it:

%if %build_kaspersky
%package vscan-kaspersky
Group: System/Servers
Requires: samba = %{version}
Provides: samba-vscan
Autoreq: 0
%description vscan-kaspersky
A vfs-module for samba to implement on-access scanning using the
Kaspersky antivirus software (which must be installed to use this).
%endif

Regards,
Buchan

- --