Adam Williamson wrote:

On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 16:24, Thierry Vignaud wrote:

Adam Williamson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Are we going to get a new kernel before final? The current one seems
to have serious problems with ALSA, as I mentioned (and others
confirmed) in a previous thread. Someone said they fixed it by
updating to the latest RC7 release of ALSA. Someone please confirm
this will be fixed.

why do you mean by latest rc7 ? rc8 ?

That's what the message said =). I presume they just downloaded all the stuff that was current on the site when the message was sent. Let me find it:

"I have found a solution to that problem : updating alsa to the latest
RC7 release.
The sound then works perfectly with mplayer after recompiling alsaRC7
myself,
using the source of the latest kernel (2.4.21.0.11mdk). It recompiled
without
any problem."

(comment on Bugzilla bug 2432, which isn't exactly my problem, but is
clearly another problem with the ALSA in the current kernel).

Adam, have you tried to recompile ALSA too ?

Eric