Hi,
just toss in your beef, ground pork, turkey...
Then  add no water.
You want your heat at about medium to medium high.
Be sure to crumble it up while you are putting it in the skillet.
Let it sizzle for a couple of minutes and then using a turner flip the bottom to the top, just by turning the meat over. Now use the end of the turner, like a chopper to chop or dice up the meat a bit. Let it sizzle a little more, two to three minutes, and repeat the process until the meat is cooked.
If it is uncooked, it will feel like play doh or putty...soft and pliable.
As it browns, it will turn crumbly.
I suggest checking out the archives of the cooking in the dark show.
I have browned meat a bunch of times while doing the shows. The archives are at:
http://www.cookinginthedark.libsyn.com
Look for shows where we make tacos,  as I know we did it on that show.
Dale Campbell
List Owner
Host: Cooking In The Dark

How is it done? Just put the beef in a pot or skillet, add a cup or 2 of water and put it on high until it smells done?
Thanks in advance.

Owner: Cooking In The Dark List
Host: Cooking In The Dark Show

                Show Archives: http://www.cookinginthedark.libsyn.com