To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2008 2:34 PM
Subject: C n D: A1 BOILED CARROT CAKE, 1

A1 BOILED CARROT CAKE

Printed from COOKS.COM

2/3 cup water

1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar

2 cups finely grated carrot

1 stick butter

1 cup sultanas (optional)

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

2 cups all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Grease a loaf pan. Combine water, confectioner's sugar, carrot, butter, sultanas and cinnamon in a saucepan. Bring to the boil and then simmer, uncovered,

for 8 minutes. Cool.

Transfer mixture to large mixing bowl, stir in combined flour and baking powder, and nuts. Spread mixture into prepared loaf pan.

Bake in a moderate oven 350°F for about 1 1/2 hours, or until cooked when tested with skewer.

Stand for 5 minutes before turning out onto a cake rack to cool.

Can be iced with vanilla frosting and decorated with grated carrot if desired.

Submitted by: Vegie

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3575 (20081031) __________

http://www.eset.com