Are you supposed to grease them or use nonstick cooking spray on them?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jay" <f...@speedemessenger.com>
To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2011 6:05 PM
Subject: Re: [CnD] Cleaning Those Silicone Pans

Hi Sandy,

I've heard a few folks mention a cleaning problem with silicone bakeware. It's true that the silicone can build up a bit of a static electricity charge, which could attract dust more than metal pans. Since I can't see dust, or anything else for that matter, I generally just rinse any silicone bakeware under hot water after taking it out and before starting to use it. That should rinse off any gathered dust and will dry quickly. So far, I've never had anyone complain of any dirt in their muffins or cookies. Cleaning the pans after you're finished a project couldn't be easier. Because the silicone pans are quite soft and plyable, all you have to do is wash them in a sink using standard dish soap, then drop them into your dish drainer to air dry. Since nothing sticks to them, washing is quick and easy. If you have a dish washer, they're quite safe in that as well. I've been using silicone bakeware for anything and everything, whenever possible. I've never had any complaints or problems with it at all.

Hope this helps.

Cheers