Picking up Glass can be difficult. I start with leather gloves and a broom. I do my best to carefully sweep the glass to a closed corner, then I use the dust pan and my gloved hands to pick up the most of it and put it in the trash. Then I use the Vacuum to pick up more if there is any. After that I use a wet rag and try my best to wipe all of the floor to pickup the small unmissed pieces. If it is a hard floor you may hear or feel pieces of Glass as they move on the surface. After that I always ware Shoes until I find more help. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew niven" <ani...@ihug.co.nz>
To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2011 12:59 PM
Subject: Re: [CnD] ot a kitchen problem

hi Anna.
This is one situation where independence doesn't come into it. In my experience, the best way to clean up glass is to ask a sighted person to do it for you. anyone i've approached on such a matter, whether it be a neighbour, friend or parent has been more than happy to help out in such a
situation.  hope this helps.
Cheers
andrew

----- Original Message ----- From: "Anna Globe" <annabarb...@sympatico.ca>