Hi Genefer, for the buttermilk bisqitts, and you don't want buttermilk or
sour, milk, You half to take out the baking soda. No Soda in basic bisqits.

From: cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org
[mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On Behalf Of Jennifer
Chambers
Sent: February-08-11 12:06 AM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: Re: [CnD] Buttermilk biscuit recipe search...

Yes, Linda, you can substitute buttermilk for regular milk.  It will simply
make them taste better.  <Smile>.  For those who want to use buttermilk, but
don't have any on-hand, as was suggested above, add 1 tablespoon lemon juice
to 1 cup milk, and let stand five minutes before adding to the recipe.

Jennifer