I am trying to use what I have in my freezer and use stuff before it ruins.
So, tonight, here's what I did. I took my all time favorite pan and put about 1
and 1/2 cups apple juice in it.  This is a 4 quart sauté pan.  I turned up on
high, brought to a boil, reduced it a bit and let it go, reducing and
concentrating that apple juice, it turned a dark Carmel brown and smelled like
heaven.  I had 2 bone in pork chops, thawed, room tem and just salted and
peppered them.  I brought that reduced juice back up to pretty hot as I wanted
a good sere on those chops.  Laid those bad boys in there and let them go for
about 6 to 7 minutes, turned them over, let them sere on that side for just
about 2 minutes, reduced the heat to really low, covered it and let it go for
about 10 minutes.  I want my pork done, but not dry, and these chops were about
an inch thick with some good fat on them.  Before that I had taken my mandolin
slicer, sliced up 2 kind of big new potatoes, some of y'all may call them red
potatoes, I laid them on a single layer on a cookie sheet that was sprayed with
Pam, drizzled a bit of olive oil on them, sprinkled them with some pepper and
some smoked salt.  This is a salt I bought somewhere when I was with my friend
Mary.  It is great to have on hand.  I popped the taters in the oven at around
400, I wanted them to cook quick and crispy.  Add a salad and we are done.
cj