I have found that when it comes to buying canned pumpkin, it is necessary to have someone read the ingredients for your first can of a particular type. At my local store, I purchased a can which said pie filling on the label. The ingredients, however, indicated the contents were 100 percent pure pumpkin and there was no seasoning added.

Carol

On 11/17/2011 11:50 PM, Rebecca Manners wrote:

November 17, 2011 8:14 PM To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org ; 'Mary Ann
From: cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 8:08 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: [CnD] PumpkinPound Cake

3 cups sugar

1 cup pumpkin, canned

1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

1/2 teaspoon salt

5 eggs

1 cup milk

3 cups all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Cream butter, sugar, and salt in mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add
pumpkin

and spice and mix completely. Add eggs one at a time beating well after

each addition. Add milk alternately with flour, mixing well after each
addition;

do not overbeat. Stir in vanilla. Pour into two greased and floured 8x4

inch loaf pans. Bake at 325 degrees F for approximately 1 hour and 20
minutes. Test

for doneness with a wooden skewer or toothpick. Cool for 15 minutes

and remove from pans. Cool completely on a wire rack.

Yield 2 cakes