Sounds like the Hamilton Beach, and it's called either a "wide mouth" or "big mouth" food processor. It has a 14 cup capacity. I have one, and it's very fast, and great. I haven't used it very often, but it makes kitchen work not take anywhere near as long as doing stuff by hand, and it does it better.

---
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lora Leggett" <kc8...@comcast.net>
To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2012 6:13 PM
Subject: Re: [CnD] Knife skills and cabbage

I was given a nice big food processor by my husband for Christmas of 2010 but did not open it until this month because we have had so much illness this past year. It is wonderful and I can slice perfect tomatoes, onions, cucumbers and green peppers. Whey you put cabbage through the slicing blade it comes out shredded and when you put it through the grating blade you get the fine stuff like the coleslaw at KFC or what we used to get at fish and chips places when I was growing up. All the food falls down into the big bowl and so no cleaning up all over the kitchen. It has a wider opening so you can put a tomato or an onion in there. It is wide enough for two of those pushers on a normal food processor. You just have to pulse the motor to slice the onion or tomato it is that quick. I think the unit was 90 or 100 dollars, and it is made by Hamilton Beach. They say they have a blade for French fries and I want to get it. It comes with the chopping blade, a very sharp one shaped like those little chopping jars you get but larger and sharper, and then the flat round blade that has a slicing blade on one side and a grating blade on the other. I like it because the bowl holds a lot and you can make your whole salad right in the bowl and scoop it into your eating bowl. I am hoping this is the last piece of equipment like that I will ever need. My small procesor was so frustrating because I had to keep stopping to load it again and again just to make a casserole of scalloped potatoes with onions.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sheila Rieger" <ze...@telus.net>