Alright Alice, thank you for your help. That makes sense.
Dawnielle

-----Original Message----- From: ajackson...@att.net
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2012 7:47 AM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: [CnD] flat top stoves.

Hi, Dannielle,
There have been many posts in the past about flat top stoves, but, I'll share my experience briefly here. I have a flat top; the burners are slightly textured, the surrounding area is smoother, the opposite of what some one else just said. It depends on the brand of the stove. The best way is to place the pan on the cold surface about where you think the burner is, then turn on the heat and feel above the surface surrounding the pan to use the radiant heat to guide you to center the pan. Because you aren't touching the stove surface, only the sides of the cool pan, you won't be in any danger of burning yourself.

Be safe!  Hope this helps.

Alice