The Amish Cabbage Casserole Recipe

Ingredients

list of 12 items

1 medium green cabbage, cut into thin wedges

1/2 cup water

1/4 cup butter or margarine

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

2 cups milk

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

1/2 cup mayonnaise

3 tablespoons

chili

sauce

1/2 cup finely chopped onion

1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped

list end

Instructions

list of 4 items

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

2. Combine cabbage wedges and water in a large saucepan; cover and

cook

over medium heat 15 minutes. Drain well, and place cabbage wedges in a 12 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish.

3. Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook over low heat 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk;

cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in the salt and pepper. Pour mixture over cabbage, and bake at

375 degrees for 20 minutes.

4. Combine cheese, mayonnaise, chili sauce, onion, and green

bell pepper

; stir well, and spread over cabbage. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.

list end. Enjoy.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sherri Crum" <sssmile...@gmail.com>