From: cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org
[mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On Behalf Of Lynn Schneider
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 6:08 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: Re: [CnD] electric rice cookers

I use my electric rice cooker to make steel cut oats. It is very useful for
other things too. I have even made chicken stew in mine. I highly recommend
them because they are usually more portable than a real crock pot.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 10, 2012, at 20:48, gmail <bon54.ad...@gmail.com> wrote:

>    Hi folks,
>
> Funny someone should ask about rice cookers.  I just bought one from qvc
today.  it's a ten cup cooker, but that's okay.  I'm sure you can steam
veggies or you can be creative with it.  I don't know what the temperature
range is.  Will know more when I get it.  It was on clearance.  They
probably have more left.