On 1/11/13, Jeri Milton <jjmil...@cox.net> wrote:
> Ok, so I'm having kitchen frustrations. I love to cook, but sometimes doing
> it without vision can be aggravating. Do any of you get aggravated in the
> kitchen? I put a beef stew on to cook all day in the slow cooker. It's a
> cold day here in Phoenix and a great day to smell beef stew all day long.
> Anyway, I was chopping vegetables and meat and washing my hands repeatedly.
> Ran out of paper towels so grabbed a dish towel from the drawer. Went to
> lay
> down my knife and knocked the dish towel into the dirty sink water. It was
> my only towel! Went to set a pan of brownies on the table because they were
> in my way on my small counter top and knocked over my daughters glass of
> apple juice. Had sticky apple juice all over the place mats on the table
> and
> under paper work, that of course shouldn't have been on the kitchen table
> anyway.
>

> Anyway, I'm frustrated! I'm not the type to woh is me, but.ug!
>

> Jeri

Jeri,

Even those of us who have been blind all of our lives have frustration
in the kitchen! Sometimes, we just have to remember to feel around
where we're getting ready  to put stuff to make sure there's nothing
in the way before we set down the pan or pot. Some folks use a tray as
a work surface to measure, mix, etc. That can minimize the messy
component. Just have to feel around more to see what's there.
Beef stew sounds delicious!

I made a vegetable soup on Saturday evening. I put in chopped potatoes
and carrots in the pot. Then I added a large can of diced tomatoes
with garlic and onion and beef broth. Simmered that for a long, long,
time waiting on the carrots to get softer. I should've partially
cooked the carrots in the Microwave before adding them. Then I added
corn, peas and some chopped onion. Put in salt, pepper and chili
powder. Then I added the light red kidney beans and some cooked
macaroni. Had to add more beef broth as I went along. It was
delicious!!!!!!!! I usually have to go exactly by a recipe. But I have
a friend who can create just about anything from things she has in her
kitchen. So I was inspired to try this. Money isn't stretching that
far.
Well, hope your frustrations are few today. Take care.