Thanks for that!  I was not able to do that today after all.  I hope to do
more tomorrow.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On
Behalf Of Alex Hall
Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2013 11:43 AM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: Re: [CnD] good mixing

Use your hands. Generally, meat loaf includes an egg or two, ground beef,
and breadcrumbs, plus whatever else your recipe calls for, and the best way
I know to get everything combined is, literally, by hand. Also, the more you
work it, the better; I don't think you can over-work meatloaf. Put sandwich
bags or plastic gloves on your hands if you must, but you'll best know when
everything is throughly mixed in when you use your hands instead of a spoon
or anything else. Plenty of sighted people do this as well, as there is no
substitute for hands when mixing such a large amount of very heavy
ingredients. Have fun cooking!
On Feb 17, 2013, at 2:28 PM, "Will Henderson" <will.henderson...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Good morning,
>

> I'm looking forward to trying different things now and one of those
> things today is that I thought of making meat loaf.  I've not done it
> before but it doesn't look too hard.
>
> First, does anyone have any good recipes because I heard that
> sometimes people use both sausage and ground beef.
>
> Also, when it comes to meat loaf, what's a good way of mixing
> everything without getting too messy or getting everywhere.  It seems
> pretty heavy to mix ground beef with a normal spoon but is that the best
way?

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehg...@gmail.com