Could it have been a sugar cookie or something like that?

-----Original Message----- From: Alex Hall
Sent: Saturday, August 10, 2013 1:29 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: [CnD] can anyone shed light on what this recipe might be?

Hi all,
So, I had a dessert in school many years ago (seventeen or eighteen I believe) when I was young, and I've never come across the like since. It was quite good, and I know the basic idea, I just don't know what dough to use. If anyone has thoughts, that'd be great. My sister, the culinary genius of the family, suggests a thumbprint dough with less sugar than usual, but I want your thoughts as well. Here's what I know:

•The dessert was a small (two- or three-bite) pastry, filled with pumpkin custard and shaped like a cupcake, but open on top. •the dough was soft - we pushed a finger into a few areas in the inside of the "cup" of dough to give the custard more room, and that was easy to do, but the outside of the cup did not break. This also meant the dough was meant to be relatively thick for a crust. •when done, the pastries were soft, not chewy but not crunchy or crumbly. As far as I recall, there were no oats or other coarse ingredients. The custard seemed thicker and less wet than your average pumpkin pie filling, but I'd settle for pumpkin pie filling; the crust is what I just can't figure out.

So, any ideas? I'd appreciate any and all feedback, since, if I get these working, I can experiment with other fillings (lemon, berry, apple, and so on). I know I could just make small pies, but the dough was not a pie crust of any kind, that I'm sure of.

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehg...@gmail.com