I've had my Keurig for a couple years and never had a problem with it.
 A co-worker has had hers since they first started making these
machines, and she uses hers daily; no problems.  Yes, this machine is
worth it.  As my hands deteriorate, and lifting heavy caraffes becomes
more difficult, the Keurig is worth every penny.  Like Shirley, if
mine goes out, I'll buy another one.  Each of us has his/her own
reason for purchasing things.  For me, the Keurig means I don't have
to lift a heavy coffeepot.  For Shirley, the Keurig means she doesn't
have to fuss with measuring and cleaning up the coffee grounds, and so
on.  Such things are not important to others, but they are to us, and
I say thank you to the ones who came up with the design for this
fantastic machine!  <Smile>.

Jennifer