From: Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On
Behalf Of Kimsan via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2014 5:21 PM
To: Cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: [CnD] new member, intro and quick real stupid question

Hi folks:

I learned of this list after a buddy sent me a recipie for the slow cooker.

I, will not come on here and pretend to be the greatest cook, let alone a
good cook. I was married for 9 years where my wife did all the cooking.  Now
that I am divorced cooking for our 3 kids daily, its time to improve my
cooking skills. I do not have a stove with a working oven, so until I can
get one, I am using a slow cooker.

I've googled tons of recipies for the slow cooker, and if anyone has any
suggestions to broaden my horizons let's hear them, but here's the stupid
question.

I want to make a breakfast caseroll and some of these recipies call for
stuff like bacon, so the slow cooker, one must just throw everything in
there and be gone for several hours; however, when wanting to make a
caseroll using things like bacon or sassages, must I cook them first then
put them in the crockpot or put them in as is. See, told ya that was stupid
lol.

Take care.

"Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure,
loyalty and persistence." Colin Powell