Can you use these mats on grills like George forman? Lenore

-----Original Message-----
From: Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On
Behalf Of janbrown via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2014 11:09 AM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org; Alex Hall
Subject: Re: [CnD] mats

I have grill mats as of a couple of weeks ago.
I was a bit dubious but now I am a fan.

The mat I have covers most  of my grilling surface.
I put it on the grill once it is up to temperature and remove it when the
grill has cooled.
It saves a lot of grill cleaning time which is wonderful because my smoker
grill needs a lot of cleaning including vacuuming out  the fire box.
Using the grill mats means I can put  this off a few more grilling sessions.
I know nothing about baking mats.

Do you use them as you would use parchment paper?

Sent from my iPhone

<cookinginthedark@acbradio.org> wrote:

> The official site is www.silpat.com, and I'm sure most stores with
housewares sections will have them, plus places like Amazon.
>> On Sep 1, 2014, at 12:58 PM, Susan Lumpkin <slump...@austin.rr.com>
wrote:

>> Where do you buy these mats? Thanks?
>>
>> Susan