-----Original Message-----
From: Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On
Behalf Of rebecca manners via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2014 8:59 AM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org; Vicki
Subject: Re: [CnD] Oops disaster for long-time cook

OK; here's more encouragement for all you new cooks.

I was making some baked beans for a church event a few weeks ago. I was
following my mom's recipe. She uses catsup, mustard, brown sugar and (I
think) worcestershire sauce.  Anyway, I grabbed a flat bottle which I
assumed contained mustard and stirred it into the beans. I smelled it and
then tasted it noticing that something was odd about the mixture. To my
horror, I discovered that I had used chocolate syrup in place of the
mustard. OOPS!!!

Fortunately, we were able to add mustard and the beans were not that bad.

Becky