-----Original Message-----
From: Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On
Behalf Of John Diakogeorgiou via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2014 8:18 AM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org; Lauren Hayes
Subject: Re: [CnD] Casseroles

Another type of casserole which is really good and flexible is the
following: I don't have exact measurements since it's all a matter of
preference.
Try using some left over meat which can be cubed such as chicken.
Include about 1 cup of cooked rice, steamed vegies such as broccoli and/or
coliflower, add a chopped onion and a couple of cloves of chopped garlic. I
use 5 or 6 of those but my family loves garlic. Also mix in some spices such
as salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder or whatever you like. Add one or two
cans of cream soup. I use cream of mushroom. Mix all these ingredients well.
Sprinkle the top with grated cheese and add bread crumbs over it. Bake this
in the oven for around an hour. Since everything is already cooked you are
just warming it up and melting the cheese.
Sorry for the vagueness but when I cook I don't usually measure or really
follow recipes. I usually use them as a base and tweak them.
Hope this helps.