So how do you use it if the read out does not talk?
Sharon

-----Original Message-----
From: Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On
Behalf Of Janet Acheson via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 6:05 AM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: Re: [CnD] Electric pressure cooker

I previously had the larger unit, but I now have the smaller electric
pressure cooker because it better suits our needs.
If you get it, I would recommend downloading the manual for easy reading
access. I also scanned the cookbook that came with my unit. I had a friend
who uses them all the time show me how to use it with a few recipes. It
actually cooks faster than I ever thought possible. I have used it as a
pressure cooker, a slow cooker, and to keep food warm. I have tried to brown
meat in it, but I find that is easier to do on the stovetop and then
transfer the meat to the pressure cooker. I think I have found this
difficult because of the depth of the cooker.
As usual my complaint is that they readout is not audible. Really, is it
that hard to make appliances talk?

Sent from my iPhone

> Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 electric pressure cookers
>
> Hello,
> tonight we were watching QVC and they had on a pressure cooker that
> also served as a slow cooker.? it was called the power pressure cooker
XL.? I was wondering if anyone had experience with using one of these
pressure cookers?? it might be nice to have one apliance that served as both
a slow cooker and a pressure cooker. I was also on Utube and was watching a
vedio on the electric elete pressure cooker that was on HSN.? I don't think
it was also a slow cooker. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with
using an electric pressure? cooker? I have one that gos on top of the
stove.? I should use it more.? I have a crock pot that needs replacing
becuase I somehow broke the knob off of it. or should I say that it was in
our computer room that also serves as a room for storage.? it was in the
floor and somehow something must have hit it and broke off the knob.? I can
still turn it on and off but it isn't as easy.? I was thinking that if I
could get one apliance that could be used to replace both apliances I might
want to look into that.?