From: brenda mueller [mailto:bren...@smart2.net]
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2015 7:12 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org; Regina Marie
Subject: Re: [CnD] question about making hamburgers

Now as for me, I like a hamburger to be made of good juicy hamburger.  I
certainly wouldn't put all that stuff in a hamburger.  I'd rather have a
little bit of something good than a lot of whatever.
I usually get a pound of ground meat and get four or five hamburgers out of
it.  I make my hamburger balls, put one on a plate, stack another plate on
top, and press down to get the thickness I want. the patty comes out even
that way. I wrap the patties I'm going to store individually in foil.  I
label a zip-lock large enough to hold the batch, label the bag, put the
patties I want to be stored inside, and freeze them.  Putting one frozzen
patty in the refrigerator the night before will have it thawed in plenty of
time to use it the next day.

Now once I knew a blind couple that owned a farm; they had some cows and
pigs among other things.  One day the lady gave me some steaks and hamburger
from a freshly killed cow.  That meat had never been frozzen.  Those were
the best hamburgers and steaks
that I ever ate; freshly butchered and cooked right away!    I
sure like my hamburgers and cheese burgers almost as much as my coffee!
(grin.).

Brenda Mueller

<cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
<williams4...@bellsouth.net>, 'Lovette Yewchan'
<lyewc...@telus.net
>Date sent: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 23:04:37 +0000
>Subject: Re: [CnD] question about making hamburgers

>I would do Italian bread crumbs or cracker meal instead of
oatmeal.