We do have one of those pans with the holes. It does okay, but doesn't really
give better results. Yes, we let the stone heat up. The pan (maybe it's called
a bar pan, I don't remember) says it doesn't need to be heated. We use some
olive oil to be sure things don't stick. Might that be part of the problem?
Should we use something else, like flour, instead?
> On Apr 6, 2015, at 8:45 PM, Charles Rivard via Cookinginthedark
> <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org> wrote:
>
> The instructions on a lot of frozen pizzas suggest this very idea.
>
> I have a 14-inch pizza pan made of heavy metal that has many many tiny holes
> drilled through it all over the bottom.  It allows air to get to the bottom
> of the entire crust, and distributes the heat evenly.  It's been so long ago
> that I don't remember where it was purchased or for what price, but it does a
> good job whether the pizza is frozen or made at home.
>
> ---
> Be positive!  When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished,
> you! really! are! finished!
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "rebecca manners via Cookinginthedark"
> <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>

Have a great day,