Hi all,
Recently, I made a smothered chicken recipe. Basically, you coat chicken in
flour, pan fry it, brown more flour, then add the chicken, flour, an onion, and
water and let it all simmer for a half hour. It was quite good, and I had to
make it again the next day due to popular demand.

My question is: could I modify it? That is, replace the water with sweet and
sour, barbecue, honey, or something else? What guidelines would I follow as far
as a sauce to water ratio? Does anyone have any good recipes for sauces that
would work with this idea? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone