From: Dark Count via Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark@acbradio.org]
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2015 1:31 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: Re: [CnD] Making Rice questions

Hello.
I been cooking rice for 20 years and I finally got tired at messing things up.
Its one of those things where I never knew how the things would turn out from
pot to pot no matter how I tried. More an art than science.
Some times it would over cook or stick, or be too mushy.

Finally I invested in a rice cooker and I have been just about amazed at how
fluffy the rice turns out, and how easy it is to get it right.
I own this one which you can currently get from amazon for $13 which is almost
30% than what I paid for mine.

Black and Decker RC3406 3-Cup Dry/6-Cup Cooked Rice Cooker, White

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-RC3406-Cooked-Cooker/dp/B000UWD9OW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431029820&sr=8-1&keywords=Black+%26+Decker+RC3406+6-Cup+%28Cooked%29+Rice+Cooker.+%28Holds+3+cups+dry+rice%29

This things are unbelievably simple to use.
It even comes with a scooper you can use to measure your rice.
One scoop of it, and two scooper fulls of water with a table spoon of butter,
plug the bad boy in, cover it, and pull the on tap down.
It will do its magic and shut off all on its own and put itself in keep warm
mode until you unplug it.
And presto you got fluffy rice.

For brown rice you use three scoopers of water, and it will measure the timing
for you all on its own.

I even made potato soup on this thing.
Best of all this pot seems to be none stick which makes cleaning up a breeze.

hth

D C