For a long time, I have used the recipe for cooking rice in the
microwave that I got from this list many years ago! Combine 2 cups
regular, long-grain rice with 3-1/2 cups water, a half tsp. of salt,
and a Tablespoon of butter in microwave-safe container (I use a large
pyrex measuring cup). Microwave on high (full power) for 10 minutes.
Do not stir. Microwave on Medium-Low (Power 3 or 4) for 15 more
minutes. Fluff with fork and enjoy! This makes perfect rice, and, when
I don't use a rice cooker, I always use this method.

Enjoy!
Penny