Thanks guys. Yes, substituting quick oats seemed to do just fine, though I
haven't yet tried the cookies chilled. They stayed together and tasted fine on
the sheets, but they've only been in the fridge for half an hour. Tomorrow will
be the final experiment--after they chill--but it looks like the type of oat
doesn't matter here. I'll be curious to see how different the texture is, if at
all.

On a related note, last time I made these cookies, I got dry, crumbly batter
that didn't turn into anything. Looks like I got the timing better this time,
as this batch came out just how they should. I made these tonight, after making
a casserole that also came out perfectly. At least my culinary confidence has
increased after the streusel fiasco the other day. <smile>
> On Aug 3, 2015, at 9:41 PM, Regina Marie <reginamariemu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Quick oats are usually a slightly different texure and tak less time to cook.
> Should be fine to substitute in no-bakes.
>
> *smile*
> Regina Marie
> Phone: 916-877-4320
> Email: reginamariemu...@gmail.com