I use the edge of a knife and move it back and forth and go too the sides. Lenore

On 11/28/2015 9:57 AM, Parham Doustdar via Cookinginthedark wrote:
Hi,

This has been bugging me for a while, so I wonder if anyone has developed their own personalized technique for this.

When I want to spread something on a piece of bread, I face two problems:

1. Without using my hands, I'm not sure how much of the butter, cheese or whatever I've picked with my knife, or in some cases, my spoon. 2. Even though I have tried putting whatever I want to spread in the center of the bread and spreading it to the sides (I've read this technique somewhere on the net), the cheese or butter doesn't get spread evenly.

How do you guys solve these two problems?

Thanks!