Pressure Cooker Pot Roast
Source: www.pressurecookingtoday.com

If you want to add vegetables, add them at the end. Feel free to email me off
list if you have questions.

Cook meat 20 min. per pound.

•       3 1/2 lb. Beef Chuck or Rump Roast
•       1 tablespoon vegetable oil
•       1 large onion, roughly chopped
•       1 1/2 cup water or beef broth (I used water with a Swanson Beef Flavor
Boost packet.)
•       2 bay leaves

Directions

1.      Pat roast dry and season liberally with Lemon Pepper (or your favorite
seasoning).
2.      Put oil in the cooking pot and select browning (or Saute on the Instant
Pot). When oil begins to sizzle, brown meat on both sides. Remove roast from
the cooking pot and add onions, water and bay leaves. Put roast back in the
cooking pot on top of the onions.
3.      Select High Pressure. Set timer for 70 minutes. (Should reach high
pressure in about 10 minutes.) When beep sounds turn off pressure cooker and
use a natural pressure release to release pressure (approximately 20 minutes).
You can also use a Natural Pressure for 10 minutes, followed by Quick Pressure
Release. When valve drops carefully remove the lid.
4.      Remove roast to a serving platter. Strain juices and discard onion and
bay leaves. Thicken juices in cooking pot on simmer with a slurry of water and
flour or cornstarch to make gravy.

Charis Austin
charis...@gmail.com