I use the heat. I put the pot/pan on the burner, then turn it on. If there's
heat coming from one edge of the pot, I move it until the heat stops. By doing
this, I can easily center the pot, or determine (for a new stove or pot/pan) if
the burner is too large or small for the current use. I used to hate this kind
of cooktop, but honestly, I've gotten so used to doing this now that I think
nothing of it.
> On Jun 5, 2016, at 19:42, Wendy via Cookinginthedark
> <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org> wrote:
>
> How do you find the burners on flat top stoves. This is for a friend moving
> into a new house. Thanks.
> Wendy

Have a great day,
Alex Hall