I like pecan pie but don't like corn syrup. I tried making a pecan pie substituting pecans for the coconut in a pie which is basically custard. It was not successful in that the pecans did not taste like pecans but just had texture. I suspect if I had roasted them the pie would have been better. Everybody had seconds but still, it was not what I wanted. We ground the pecans as my husband grew up with ground pecans in his pie and loved it.
The long way of getting to my question, I know but here it is.
Does anybody know of a pecan pie recipe which does not call for corn syrup?
I hope I can find one because this is one of the pies slated for Thanksgiving. Does anybody know where I can get frozen rhubarb?
Again, this is for Thanksgiving when rhubarb is not fresh.
Thanks