Before saving this recipe, I checked my folder, and I have another recipe for Southern Pecan Pie which looks like this except that all the things you list as one half, that is, vanilla, corn syrup and pecans, it lists as one and one half. Have you actually made this, or did you just get it from the internet? It seems to me that if it's "utterly deadly" one half cup of pecans wouldn't be enough.
Ellen
----- Original Message ----- From: "Naima Leigh via Cookinginthedark" <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Cc: "Naima Leigh" <nleigh2...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2016 11:14 AM
Subject: [CnD] Utterly Deadly Southern Pecan Pie

Utterly Deadly Southern Pecan Pie

Prep Time: 20 minute

Cook Time: 45 to 60 minute

Total Time: 1 hour 5 minute

Serves: 8

Ingredients

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup corn syrup you can use (1/2 dark and 1/2 light)

4 eggs

1/4 cup butter

1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla

1/2 cups pecans coarsely broken

1 unbaked deep dish pie shell

Directions

In saucepan boil sugar and corn syrup together for 2 to 3 minutes; set aside
to cool slightly. In large boil beat eggs lightly and very slowly pour the
sugar mixture into the egg mixture. Stirring constantly. At this point
strain the mixture, making sure it's smooth and lump free. Stir in butter,
vanilla, and pecans and pour into crust. Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for
about 45 to 60 minutes or until set.