Note:  I do my muffins at 350, since think they come out too hard at 400.

8 Cups of All-Purpose Flour or wheat flour if you prefer
3 Cups of Sugar
3 Tablespoons of Baking Powder
2 Teaspoons of Salt
2 Teaspoons of cinnamon
2 Teaspoons of nutmeg
Mix all of these dry items together and store in a container in your pantry for you
to use when you need it!

To actually make our muffins:
finished-bulk-muffin-mix
2 3/4 cups of the above mix
1 beaten egg
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup of melted butter

Mix the beaten egg, milk and butter together and pour into muffin mix. Mix with a fork until well blended. Then add whatever add-ins you like and mix again. Pour into your muffin tin (2/3 full) or cake pan (for a cake like muffin) and bake at 400 degrees
for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

You can make them like they are and then once baked roll in melted butter and then roll in sugar and cinnamon mix for what is called "French Muffins" (one of my mom's traditional
muffins for special occasion breakfasts!
Notes
See more recipes and bulk pantry ideas at http://thethriftycouple.com/category/home-life/recipes/

-----Original Message----- From: Janet Brown via Cookinginthedark