Yes, KtichenAid is definitely worth the higher price. I have had mine
for decades. It has been repaired twice (at a very reasonable price),
and I use it at least twice a week. When my children were young, I
made all of our bread each week -- for many years -- and the
KitchenAid mixer with its wonderful dough hook was indispensable. I
have the 5-quart size.

My daughter recently bought a new KitchenAid mixer for her use. It's
still wonderful, but its slowest speed is not as slow as mine. I
prefer my older model, but 0-- even so -- I would recommend the
KitchenAid above all other brands.
Penny