I made this recipe this evening based on my landlord's ingredients and my
own changes as well as some tips from my friend in London, United Kingdom. A
lot of people use ground beef (1 pound) which I did before; this time I used
about 1 pound ground lamb which I much prefer though it is harder to find
and more expensive. My friend from London says that when one uses ground
beef, it is called cottage pie; it is shepherd's pie over there when one
uses ground lamb.

Once browned, I placed the following into a mixing bowl--one onion chopped
and several baby carrots which I cut in half. I probably should have made
them a little smaller. I then added a container of Simply Potatoes prepared
mashed potatoes (traditional). I added a little chicken broth and mixed all
ingredients.

The oven was preheated to 350 degrees.

I placed the contents of the mixing bowl into an ungreased 8x8 glass square
baking dish and baked for about an hour. My friend says she bakes hers until
the potatoes become crusty on top.

Once the meal cools, the potatoes do firm up more.

I found it very tasty and anticipate that it will be even better at a later
meal.

I h ad not cooked lamb before a couple of weeks ago and find that it can
splatter more than ground beef and has more grease so you might want to keep
your burner flame lower.

I hope people enjoy this.

Sharon