It’s easy to fry an egg in a skillet on the stovetop. I prefer cast iron. Heat
the skillet on medium high until hot. A pat of butter should sizzle when you
drop it in. Break an egg into a small cup and tip it in. Try to remember its
relative position in the pan. Turn down the burner to medium low, sprinkle the
egg with salt and pepper. Cover the pan. After 2 and a half to 3 minutes,
remove the lid and slide a spatula under the egg and plop it onto your plate.
Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone