We have a big, separate freezer, so this is definitely an issue for me. I use
pen friend labels (record a label and play back with device) on almost all
items in my freezer and also most in refrigerator and kkitchen cabinets/pantry.
I get braillable labels from maxi aids; they are a kind of plastic, ~ 1 by 3
inches and have a hole punched in one corner. Instead of putting braille on
them, I cut them in 3 pieces, punch holes in the 2 extras, and stick a Pen
Friend label on each. Then I thread a medium rubber band through the hole and
loop it through. I attach it to various items/packages and make a voice
recorded label with the pen friend, which usually includes item, weight or
number of pieces, date, and anything else that would be helpful. You could also
write on the label with a permanent marker, especially if you don't cut the
label, if you or anyone else can read it. You can also write Braille on the
label, which I do sometimes for medicines or clothing items, which are upstairs
 and not convenient to use the pen friend. I find this system works quite well,
with the one problem of the rubber deteriorating and breaking, and then the
label falls off. That happens faster in the freezer or in direct sunlight, but
will happen eventually due to age. I just put up with that particular problem.

One warning for anyone starting to use pen friend: when you use up all of the
labels in the starter pack, you need to be careful in buying more. The extra
label packs are identified with a letter; The starter pack that comes with the
device is pack A. When you buy more you must buy a different letter pack,
because the digital identifier on the stickers are duplicates in the same
letter pack. Since the device matches your voice recording with the specific
sticker, a duplicate pack will mess you up big time!

Here is the info on the labels from Maxi-aids:

White Plastic Labeling Tags with Holes- 50-Pk
Easily Identify Items in Your Home or Office
SKU 209758
Our Price: $3.95
White Plastic Labeling Tags with Holes- 50-Pk - These white plastic tags are
great for labeling household items. Use these organizational aids by writing on
them in print, raised lines or Braille, or use tactile markings (ex. Bump Dots
and Touch Dots). These low vision tags measure 4 inches x 1-5/8 inches and have
a hole for attaching to objects using string or rubber bands (not included).
Package of 50.

Happy cooking!
Tina