I love garlic too :-)

For measuring out rice and macaroni servings, I use a quarter of a cup, and try
not to go beyond more than a half of a cup for a serving. Leftovers you can put
in a container and freeze; I like leftovers.

For things that come in a bag, especially since I only have the freezer above
the refrigerator area, I remove from the big bag, individually wrap in either
wax paper or plastic wrap, then put these in quart size freezer bags, say four
or five in a bag, and then can take one portion at a time from these bags. It
makes good use of your freezer space.