A couple things I do with canned fruit if supplies are on hand is to put
two tablespoons of unsweetened grated coconut on top of it and then shake
some allspice onto the fruit.  That improves the taste tremendously.
Now I think of it, for breakfast if I'm having oatmeal I put a handful of
frozen blueberries in the bowl first then add the normal ingredients.
By the time the oatmeal is finished in the microwave, those berries are
also thawed out and it's better eating that way.

If you can get people from the Philipines to start writing about their
deserts, that's good cooking!