Portion control is the key along with fresh fruit rather than canned unless
you get the fruit in its own juice. Good luck with fruit. I know I've
purchased unsweetened coconut.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On
Behalf Of Marie Rudys via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2020 6:22 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: Marie Rudys
Subject: Re: [CnD] fixing up canned fruit

I am not crazy for coconut; maybe because I had the sweetened
Kind several times in my life.

I did have a fresh coconut once, during my second miserable "marriage."
It was quite an experience.  But it would be too hard for me to get
That open.  Surely, the stores now have unsweetened coconut
In bags all ready to go.

I love blueberries, cherries and strawberries.
Those are my favorites, maybe because they are not too sweet.
I don't eat bananas much, because they are too sweet alone.
I like it better in muffins where they don't seem to be so overpowering.

I know they say you have to eat some fruit.
But the doctor told me to cut out canned "diet"
Fruits because she said it is keeping my weight up.

Marie