K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

cur...@calweb.com

On 5/19/2020 7:40 AM, Nicole Massey via Cookinginthedark wrote:
The one thing I notice is missing is a fast cook button that cooks for
multiples of 30 seconds depending on how many times you press it. Anything
like this?

Sent from my HAL 9000 in transit to Jupiter

-----Original Message-----
From: Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On
Behalf Of Pamela Fairchild via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Saturday, May 16, 2020 11:40 AM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: pamelafairch...@comcast.net
Subject: [CnD] microwave exciting discovery

Some of you have been wondering about finding accessible microwaves that are
not too expensive.

Since my unit is on a slow boat to failing, I wanted to replace it before it
took its final plunge into inoperable boat anchor. I found the updated model
of the one I love. I bought it online from Sam’s club. I am sure you can
find it in other places, but here are the details.

Totally accessible with buttons you can feel, shaped like bars, and they
push in. No need to mark any of them. Just make a cheat sheet for yourself
listing what each button does. You will soon have it memorized.

Set up the unit, and you are good to go. It comes with a thick instruction
booklet, over 150 pages. There must be some recipes there too I would think.

I paid $169 including shipping. It is the largest size of microwave ovens
you generally can buy.

Details:

Panasonic

Inverter model number NN-SN975S

The manufacture date on mine is March 2020. You don’t need its serial
number.

The buttons:

There are 23 of them. Seven rows of 3 and two at the bottom.

The two on the bottom are: on the left,  stop, or reset if you push it
twice; and start on the right.

The other 21, starting at the top:

Popcorn, push once for 3.5 ounces, twice for 3.0 ounces, and 3 times for
1.75 ounces.

2. Sensor reheat; this sets itself. 3. Sensor cook; There are 14 settings
for this button and I’ll list them at the bottom of the list.

Second row: Power level: there are 10 of these starting at full power and
going down in 10-degree segments to 10 percent at the lowest.

Defrost, and there are different levels here too which I forgot to copy, but
you push defrost, then a number button, then start to make it work. Not
hard, but you’ll have to copy from the book if you want details. And 3. Keep
warm.

Now there is a physical space between rows.

Here come the numbers:

1, 2, 3,

4, 5, 6,

7, 8, 9,

Cook Timer; 0; clock set.

Now you are down to the stop, start row I began with.

The 14 presets on the top right button:

Oatmeal: Works perfect.

Sausage: Works but you have to repeat it several times depending on what
sort of breakfast sausage you are cooking.

3. Omelet: Perfect once you try it a few times and know how it behaves with
your own omelet maker.

4. quinoa

5. soup

6. frozen entrée

7. frozen pizza singles

8. potatoes (prick the skins)

9. Fresh vegetables

10 frozen vegetables

11. rice

12. frozen dinners

13. pasta

14. fish fillets

I’ll try some of these settings and let you know what I think of them. If
they are anything like the first 3, I’ll be both surprised and happy.

I hope this helps some of you who have been searching. Don’t be afraid of
the programs. They are easy to learn and logical. The button settings change
nicely so you don’t have to push your multiples like you are running a race.
They won’t time out in the few seconds it takes you to push them and count
properly. If you push them too fast you might override what you are trying
to accomplish, but I wouldn’t know. I don’t push too fast myself.

Pamela Fairchild

<pamelafairch...@comcast.net>