Have you seen the pasta measuror? It is a long flat piece of plastic with round holes in it.Going  From left to right, the holes start out small and get larger. I believe there are four of them.   the measurements are for   two, four, six, and eight servings. You can push the pasta through the holes until it can't hold  any more.   You should have a bowl under the measureor  in case you drop any which is sure easy to do. This measureore isn't the easiest thing to use, but if you want to measure the dry pasta out it can be helpful.

On 8/16/2020 2:38 PM, Nicole Massey via Cookinginthedark wrote:
Yep, a pasta server or sometimes called a pasta fork. If you're not using a
pasta pot or portioning things out for more than one person they're useful
to have and with a bit of skill and arrangement they don't take up much
drawer space. (I use a crock for all tools that I tend to use  on the stove
or counter tops, so one of these fits with no problem at all)

Sent from my HAL 9000 in transit to Jupiter

-----Original Message-----
From: Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On
Behalf Of meward1954--- via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Sunday, August 16, 2020 4:14 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: meward1...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [CnD] Thoughts on pasta cooking

The thing that I have, when I can find it, is a thing that looks like a
slotted spoon and a rake had babies.  On the end, it has a somewhat
bowl-shaped thing with a single slit in the back.  On the front,
perpendicular to the handle and shaft, are things that stick out around the
edge of the bowl.  This thing will pick up pasta pretty well.  Again, it
does a great job when I can find it.  When I can't, I have a fight, and I
usually lose.